Tag: Religion


All Saints' Church Blakeney

Dating from 1820 the chapel was a rebuild of an existing smaller early 18th century chapel. Read More


All Saints' Church Viney Hill

This Victorian church was begun in 1865 and consecrated in 1867, and was built as a memorial to Charles Bathurst. Read More


Bixslade Stoneworks

The stone works was opened in 1901 by Messrs. E. Turner & Sons of Cardiff to enable the working of stone brought down the Bicslade Tramroad from Spion Kop Quarry. Read More


Holy Trinity Church Primrose Hill

The present building occupies the site of a corrugated iron mission church put up in 1903. The new brick church building was erected in 1931 on land donated by Lord Bledisloe. Read More


Joyford Baptist Chapel

Originally built to seat around 50 people the chapel was surrounded on three sides by farmland with the Coleford road to the front. Read More


St Andrew's Church Awre

St Andrew’s is built of coursed rubble and ashlar and comprises chancel, nave with north aisle and south porch, and 15th century west tower, which is embattled and has three... Read More


St Andrew's Church Woolaston

Built of Old Red Sandstone, the church consists of chancel, nave, south aisle, north tower, and south porch. Read More


St James' Church Bream

St James Church was built in 1860 to a design by William White. The building consists of a nave with a north aisle consisting of four bays supported by marble... Read More


St Joseph's Roman Catholic Church Lydney

From the 1940s Roman Catholics heard mass in various centres in Lydney, but in 1977 a small church was built at the north-east end of Newerne and opened as a... Read More


St Margarets Church, Welsh Bicknor

A small church close to the Wye, of which the whole of the church, including the tower, was expensively rebuilt in 1858, the architect being TH. Rushforth of London. Read More

Back to Top