OS Grid Reference: SO613062
The Pithead Baths building was erected in 1939 by W.M. Taylor for the Miners Welfare committee. It is a starkly cubic functional building with a rectangular stair and water tower. It still retains its original structure and was built using bricks made at the Princess Royal site. Ther inside of the baths building did have some of the decorated tiles used. Unfortunately the baths were demolished in 2008, and the rump of the building remains as a home for bats.