OS Grid Reference: SO598121
Hopewell in Wimberry (or Wimbelow) Colliery was owned by James Teague in the 1790s, and was in the hands of Peter Teague in 1841, when about 25 tons of coal per day were being produced from the Coleford High Delf Seam of the Pennant Group, via a level. The colliery was served by the Wimberry branch tramroad of the Severn and Wye Railway, built in about 1810. Production was 18858 tons in 1856, but only 1072 tons in 1888. It was still working in 1929, but probably closed soon after.