OS Grid Reference: SO597174
Associated with the Vaughan family sonce 1563, originally called "Greenfield", the house was the childhood home of Henry V, who lived there from 1387 to 1394. The house has 18 bedrooms and there is also an imposing chapel, together with a modern accomodation block with 42 rooms. Courtfield was until recently a Catholic retreat and training college for the global Mill Hill Missionary Society. Download and read Nick Oldnall's extensive history of Courtfield.